Saturday, January 15, 2011

Photo Collage Boards

A few months back, I start a blog where I talked about a project.  So, here's a recap from the original post, and pictures to match!
     I have been working on some different projects over the past few months, and I wanted to post some pictures of my progress. I have been working on a photo wall that was inspired by my Aunts' and my Grandmother. 
     When I was young, they started a photo wall of three simple bulletin boards that had a variety of pictures from all of the grandkids and their growth through the years. I remember being really excited to see what new pictures of each of us had been added to the wall each time we made a visit to my Grandma's. Such a simple but precious memory from my childhood. 
     So, I have decided to duplicate this project in my own home. I have three bulletin boards, and I covered two of them with fabric, and purchased a framed one for the center. I hung them with drapery tie backs and it adds a nice architectural element and really makes it like artwork on the wall. 
     I decided to use one board for pictures of Jon's life and family, one for pictures of my life and family, and the center one for pictures of our life together. It's turned out pretty cool, and is a great way to display all of those photos that you have and haven't room to display or scrapbook. Whenever family come over to visit, they enjoy seeing pictures of themselves and I am confident it's going to be a great conversation starter for many a family gathering!
      I still need to finish adding pictures to Jon's board.  I am in the process of scanning all of them first, just in case.  The center board will be a continual work in progress as it's of our immediate little Allen family.
  Adjustments - per my Aunt's advice, I think I'll replace the push pins with straight pins for a cleaner look. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the way these look. Sophisticated and lovely. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I love the frame in the middle... what a fun color.

    ReplyDelete