Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Fresh Start...


So, in the hours that passed from Dec. 31st, 2010 to Jan. 1st, 2011 – I became recharged, renewed and ready to embrace my new goal “INVEST” for 2011.  I started by jotting down a few personal goals for myself, and even though it’s only been a day, I feel rejuvenated. 

  I have been in a slump the past couple of weeks.  Partially due to pregnancy fatigue, feeling blah, and recovering from a never-ending cold.  And partially from being anxious about all that must happen in our lives throughout the next 6 months.  It’s almost like when I have a lot to think about and gear up for…without having to tools to tackle the problem…I get paralyzed with complacency.  I sit around and do nothing, until my body finally cries out for productivity!

  I remember a specific instance where this was the case, at the very start of my relationship with Jon.  He was in Germany playing basketball for a season, and his brother Caleb and I had gone over to visit and stay with him for about 6 weeks.  Well, all there was to do was work out at the local gym (the gym where Arnold’s trainer still worked out), eat, play video games or watch movies, go check email at the University computer lab, and sleep.  Although, most of our free time was spent doing movies, games, eating or sleeping because many shops closed at odd times, it’s was January and freezing, and gas cost a fortune.  Anyway, I had been there about a week, and I was starting to go stir crazy.  I needed something to do.  A project.  The boys were totally content to sleep in till noon, work out, eat lunch, play games, eat, watch a movie, sleep…and repeat.  I just couldn’t handle it.  I don’t know why exactly.  I guess I was just used to having more creative hobbies to occupy my time.  Not the boys fault, but none-the-less, everyday around 11am…after sitting in the dark on my bed (we had blackout shades), I would start huffing and puffing, hoping they’d wake up so I could open the blinds. 

So, this slump was sort of like that because I have been feeling unproductive for a couple of months now.  In the past month, I had just finished my usual bout of pregnancy sickness, was hit hard with a bad cold, and then any other available energy I had left was taken up by the holiday craze. 

So, after being to a point of boredom, I finally got over myself, and cleaned my room!  It felt great!  And suddenly, I had purpose again!  I was inspired to work on something else.  I started this blog as a way to occupy my thoughts and keep myself from worrying about things beyond my control (and let’s be honest…everything else as well).  Then I got inspired to finish a project…so I’m working on the digital scrapbook I started of Ellie’s 1st year. 

Now, unfortunately, this seems to be what always happens right as my vacation starts to wind to a close.  It’s like I take some time to rest and recover, then I spend a little time being lazy, and then I realize I’d better have something to show for my time off, and I get to work.  Oh well, at least I didn’t wait till I was already back to school saying “would-a, should-a, could-a”.

Alas, I will accomplish at much as I can this next week, and will leave the rest for another time.  At least I’ve got my spring back in my step.  And if 2nd trimester  proves true as the nesting trimester-I may get more done that I’d planned to do!

Until then…I’m off to scrapbook while my bubs plays games with his brothers, my sweet Ellie rests peacefully, and there is a forecast says snow for the Yucaipa area tonight and tomorrow!  Crossing my fingers!

2 comments:

  1. Not only is it totally normal to go through that cycyle of energy, or lack thereof during vacation, but I remember that being true of my 2nd trimester also - waves of complacency and then high energy. Have fun nesting, my friend, and happy pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am like that, even when I'm NOT pregnant. Keep up the momentum, and take one day at a time with your resolution. Investing is done in small steps, a thousand times over. ;-) LOVE your posts!

    ReplyDelete