Thursday, January 20, 2011

13 months


I realized today that I took a bazillion photos of Ellie all throughout her 1st year-but have not been as good about it since the New Year.  So, I am going to try to be better about that starting now.
Ellie is 13 months now, and growing like a weed.  She is leaving her baby traits behind, and is becoming more of a toddler each day.  It’s bittersweet to see my baby already changing so much-but every phase she enters is so much fun! Her little chunk legs are thinning out as she's crawling more and more, and her face has thinned out a bit too.  She is getting taller and skinnier, and I know she's burning a lot of calories, because she eats like a little piggie most of the time.  He latest favs are dill pickles and yogurt bites.
Now that she can crawl around and explore a little more, it’s really fun to capture her movements, seeing her little brain working as she explores the world around her.
Today was a beautiful day, and since Jon was home, we headed outside to capture some fun, impromptu photos of Ellie crawling around. 
 I was able to capture some fun moments between Ellie and Jon, and was able to get her in her distracted bustle as well.  I just love capturing the moments that she doesn’t know I’m watching her.  This is becoming easier and easier to accomplish these days.

Her latest explorations include:
-opening as many cabinet doors, and proceeding to pull everything out as quickly as possible.
-playing in her “Ellie” drawer in the kitchen, while I cook dinner, and then proceeding to all other off “limits” drawers
-sneaking over to the dogfood bowls and quickly sneaking a piece, while I race over to snatch it from her – she likes to watch her pregnant mommy run.
-playing with all of the buttons and controls on the stereo system while I try to figure out how to fix it.
-attempting to climb the stairs-a very recent adventure she’s just started adding to her to-do list.
-crawling over to any outlet to touch it, as I say an emphatic “NO”, just to watch her try it again…and again.  I’m learning that redirecting is a far better strategy than “no”.  She is DEFINITELY a “praise” baby.  If I say “yay” and clap for her, she immediately turns her attention to other things.
-sneaking whatever food she’s not interested to Samson and Delilah.
-pointing at every fan, the lights, and other random items of “importance” in her little mind.
-giving "hugs" and "kisses" on command (my personal fav), even to her little Lamby 
-screaming at the top of her lungs for shock value, even in public, or in the car-out of nowhere-while we’re driving.  She just wants her sister to know she’s here while in the womb. J
  I LOVE YOU Ellie Rose!  I wouldn’t change a thing about you!  Especially your little tantrums when you know you’re doing something you’re not supposed to....as I fight back the giggles!



2 comments:

  1. She is a doll! Her and Alayna would probably have a blast together!

    I painted my nails bright red this morning... you inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. And I love your point about re-directing.

    ReplyDelete