Sunday, September 11, 2011

Birthday Bash-Brown Butter Risotto with Lobster

So....pretend that today is September 7th....
Happy Birthday HUBS!
Today is the 32nd birthday of the most A-MAAAAAA-ZING hubby/daddy/friend in the world…my bubs…Jon Allen!  Today started as an ordinary day.  Jon went to his second job for a few hours, (thank you hubs), and then he and the girls relaxed for a bit while I got to cooking.  I wanted to do something extra special for him this year since I am at home and have a little more time to think about such things.  So, when I was grocery shopping, I picked up some lobster, and was inspired to create a decadent dish that I’d seen on an episode of Giada at Home on Food Network: Brown Butter Risotto with Lobster on the Food Network and Steamed Asparagus with shaved Parmesan.  Needless to say, it was to DIE for!  I had never attempted Lobster or Risotto, and I was thoroughly impressed with both the dish and my mad cooking skills!  I was so pleased!  Paired with a lovely bottle of Carnival Riesling (nostalgic from our trip to Napa with the Merritts'), it was one of our favorite dishes to date.  Below are a few pics of the food, the fun, and my favorite – Ellie feeding Jon his birthday dessert (as tradition in his family)-Red Velvet Cupcakes…which are NOT homemade this time (I had to cut corners somewhere people).   Notice the lovely, red “You are Special” plate that Jon is eating from.  It’s a family tradition of mine and I was excited to borrow it from my mom.  Every birthday growing up, we would eat a home-cooked meal of our choice on the famed red plate.  Love. It.
On August 16th, Jon and I also celebrated our 8-year wedding anniversary.  I didn’t have a chance to collect my thoughts that day, so this tribute is a two in one!

-To my amazing hubby-Jon Allen, you are such a catch (inside joke)! I am more in love with you with every year God brings to our lives and marriage.  You are like a fine wine, ripening with age, or a SoCal day in the summer…HOT baby!  Okay, okay, enough of the corny one-liners.  Seriously though, you are my “magnificent strong man”.  I have loved watching you graduate college, play basketball in Germany, sight-see in Paris, journey through Med School and Residency, buy a house, and coach me through the miraculous birth of our two precious girlies!  Your example of selflessness as a father knows no bounds and I love watching God glorifying Himself through such an amazing person as yourself.  You are so gifted, so talented, so loving! I love listening to you laugh and I would do almost anything to hear the giggle you get when I say something really funny without realizing it.  I love you forever, and am so proud to be married to such a Godly man!  Happy Birthday bubs, and a Happy Anniversary too.  Thank you for marrying me 8 years ago. 
You are my champion!
With Love,
Bubbies  

No comments:

Post a Comment