Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Thank Heavens…for Little Girls

     Last Saturday, the weather was fantastic, and I got this sudden urge to get out after such a crazy couple of weeks, and felt that fresh air and a change of pace was just what we needed. So, we called up Jon’s brother and fam, and headed down to the Balboa Pier to walk around, enjoy the beach weather, cast a few lines off of the dock, and have dinner together.
     Upon arriving at the beach, we realized it was a little warmer than anticipated, and we’d dressed for “observing” more than “interacting” with the waves.  But, it was just too tempting to pass up.  Ellie, a fan of cold water and wet sand last summer-decided she was in the mood just yet.  So, most of the pics I snapped are of her sitting in her favorite place in the entire world-her Daddy’s arms.  She is such a Daddy’s girl, (yes, I'm battling envy).  I LOVE that she loves her Daddy so much.  It’s very sweet!
     So, thanks God for a beautiful day to change up our normal routine, enjoy your beautiful creation, get a little salt water and sand in our toes, and enjoy the importance of spending time with people we love.
     It may be awhile before we get to the beach again, but it was fun to feel the freshness and warmth of summer days a comin’-they’ll be here before we know it!
     Sidenote-I had to wear shoes and socks due to my bum toe (I was afraid of doing more damage), and I was taking pictures on the beach when a huge wave surprised me and soaked my pants, socks, and shoes up to my shins.  Unfortunately-I had to leave my socks and shoes on because I was afraid to take them off and try to put them back on again!  It was pretty funny...and surprisingly refreshing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment