Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Snow...finally!! And a little reminiscing of my teaching days.

We had our second snowfall this winter, although we didn't see much snow at our house. I wanted to snap a few pics of the girls enjoying the snow, so we bundled up and headed out to Oak Glen. The girls lasted about 10 minutes-which was about 8 minutes longer than I thought they would! It was beautiful!!
The history lover in me sneaked a peak at Riley's Farm in the middle of giving Revolutionary War Reenactment Tours. I miss taking my 5th grade students up there. Riley's really does a great job making the experience authentic. And the snow just added to the experience-really giving kids a sense of what Valley Forge must've been like! I know what you're thinking, like the kids' cared about anything other than being in the snow. But one of the staff told me that those were the first words out of a student's mouth as he excited the bus that morning! I love it!! I'm a US History nerd, and I love it!

1 comment:

  1. Saw your blog on Crystals and thought I would peek in and see how you were doing. Your girls are so stinking cute! I'm glad your little family is doing well girl.

    ReplyDelete